Grays Reef Light (1936 - automated 1976)
Grays Reef Light was built in 1936 to replace the third
in a series of lightships that were anchored on Grays Reef for 45 years.
The tower is 65' high.
on Gray's Reef Light
The cormorants have greatly multiplied in northern Michigan in the past 25 years and are not very popular. They are blamed for the failure of some of the Great Lakes' fisheries.
Waugoshance Light (1851-1912)
Waugoshance Light near Wilderness State Park was used for artillery practice during World War 2. Built in 1851, Waugoshance Lighthouse replaced a lightship which was stationed on Waugoshance Shoal in 1832. Waugoshance Light had red and white horizontal stripes when it was in operation. The light operated until 1912, when it was replaced by White Shoals Lighthouse.
122' tug Barbara Andrie (1940) pushing a barge full of asphalt
St. Helena Light (1873 - automated 1922) being restored by Great Lakes Lighthouse Keepers Association.
St. Helena Light on St. Helena Island
Captain William Shepler Jr. (Bill)
Page 1 Page 2
Mighty Mac Home Keith's other trips
Copyright 2005-2011 by Keith Stokes