This is the southwest end of downtown Mackinac Island -
Biddle's Point is at the left, the white building on the water is the Hotel Iroquois which had ben built as a home in 1900 & converted to a hotel in 1904,
the hotel to its right with the turrets on the corners is the 1858 Lake View Hotel, the 1887 Grand Hotel can be seen at the upper right
These photographs of Mackinac Island, Michigan were taken by a vaudeville performer stopping on Mackinac Island on August 5, 1918. The visit to Mackinac Island was part of a cruise from Chicago Illinois to New York. The original photos are only about 3 inches by 4 inches. They are faded, but were darkened electronically after scanning.
The picture in the upper right corner of this page is the back of one of the photographs. All of them were labeled as "Macinac Island."
Photograph scans and text copyright 2011-2012 by Keith Stokes. These photos may not be reproduced without written permission.