Post bath house (1889), quartermaster's storeroom (1867) post headquarters
(1853), commissary (1878)
1859 Soldiers' Barracks
Officers' wooden quarters (1800), officers' stone quarters (1780)
Fort Mackinac Hospital (1828)
In summer the Fort Mackinac Tea Room occupies the patio of the Officer's
Stone Quarters beneath the flag poles.
The Mackinac Bridge is in the distance.
Downtown Mackinac Island with the Round Island Passage light in the
& cards of this photo)
Fort Mackinac gun platform
"Near this spot Dr. WIlliam Beaumont, United States Army, made those
experiments upon Alexis St. Martin
which brought fame to himself and honor to American medicine. Erected
by the Upper Peninsula and the Michigan
State Medical Societies July 10, 1900
West blockhouse (1796) and snow drifts along the stockade
British soldiers dug this well around 1780. To reach water, they had
to dig a 12 foot by 12 foot square hole
through more than 150 feet of solid limestone.
Stockade, post schoolhouse (1879) and the Avenue of Flags
Mackinac Island home
Fort Michilimackinac Mackinac
Island in winter